Are you a good candidate for liposuction at my Las Vegas, NV, plastic surgery practice? I often consult with people from Henderson and across the greater Vegas area about whether liposuction is the best body contouring option for them. While everyone’s journey is unique, there are a few qualities every ideal liposuction candidate should have.
You may be an ideal candidate for liposuction if you:
- Are in good general health.
- Have stubborn pockets of excess fat on your abdomen, flanks, hips, arms, legs, neck, or back you would like to reduce.
- Are maintaining a stable weight at or near your goal.
- Are looking to contour your body—not to lose weight.
- Have a healthy mindset and a positive body image.
- Want to look and feel better for yourself rather than pleasing someone else.
You may not be a candidate for liposuction at this time if you:
- Are at the beginning of a weight loss journey.
- Have a serious medical condition that may compromise your safety during surgery.
- Actively smoke or use nicotine products.
- Have significant skin laxity. You can still have liposuction performed, but you may want to combine your surgery with a skin-tightening surgery such as a tummy tuck to achieve ideal results.
If you aren’t a candidate for liposuction at this time, you may be a candidate for nonsurgical CoolSculpting®, which offers fat reduction benefits without the invasiveness of surgery. You can learn more about CoolSculpting in this blog post.
To see examples of results real people have achieved with liposuction, please visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon in Las Vegas about your liposuction and body contouring options, please contact me online or call (702) 450-0777 to set up a private consultation. I look forward to hearing from you.